Vancouver marketing management professional with MBA, 15 years of experience and a record of achievement in business retention, lead generation, communications, strategic analysis and market research.
- 15+ years of experience in marketing and communications, with clients ranging from tiny start-ups to the Fortune 100
- Executive MBA, Simon Fraser University
- Bachelor of Arts (English major, Communication minor), Simon Fraser University
- Published writer, with credits running from local publications to USA Today
- Frequent media guest – interviewed by Entrepreneur, Business Week, Marketing Magazine, CBC Radio, CBC TV, The Toronto Star, The Province, Business in Buffalo and other outlets
- Owner, founder and chief editor of Consultant Journal, the leading online publication for independent consultants (60,000 monthly readers)
- Owner/director of Trustmode Marketing, a Vancouver marketing consulting firm.
Marketing management professional with MBA, 15 years of experience and a record of achievement in business retention, lead generation, communications, strategic analysis and market research. Demonstrated leadership ability in identifying and solving business problems, managing projects, developing relationships and improving processes.
BUSINESS RETENTION AND LEAD GENERATION
- Built online community with up to 62,000 visitors each month.
- Developed 100% opt-in newsletter with 22-35% open rate.
- Leveraged Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to generate leads and repeat business.
- Planned and executed international telemarketing campaign, generating 500 leads and a 5% response rate.
- Qualified prospects at tradeshows, gaining 150 new leads for client in 6 weeks
- Promoted system upgrades, generating a 31% response rate among clients
- Planned and executed $10,000 webcast series that resulted in 100% of participants surveyed valuing content and 75% planning to purchase a new system within 6 months
- Developed and executed client referral program, driving leads and leveraging client base
- Initiated marketing metrics, tracking the generation and conversion of leads, suspects, and clients, as well as expenditures and effort required to meet revenue projections.
- Through a webcast series, met 50% of fiscal year incoming lead needs by end of first quarter; 75% were unhappy with their current provider and planned to purchase in the next six months.
- Developed and executed a client referral program, driving new leads and leveraging client approval.
- Attracted 150 banking executives worldwide to client conference via direct mail campaigns.
- Launched the world’s first customer relationship management-based banking system, a product that continues to serve as core revenue producer
- Managed brand, intellectual property and campaigns for treasury management system
- Implemented intranet, making company first mover in 24×7 access to sales and technical information
- Integrated branding programs by repositioning collateral, mapping it to the sales funnel, so that a strategic, branded suite of tools supports the sales team.
- Developed winning applications for Canada Export, CIBC Job Creation, and Best in Microbanking, and BC Technology Industry Association awards, increasing corporate, product and client recognition.
- Wrote and art-directed press releases, brochures, data sheets, whitepapers, success stories and collateral
- Educated sales teams with presentations, RFP development, and proof of concept projects
- Won contract to write sales literature for Hewlett-Packard’s Sacramento Procurve networking product line; contract was extended to include literature for Canadian headquarters
- Created and implemented marketing plan for involvement in Microsoft’s SQL 7.0 launch, including developing content for a feature/benefit guide and new website
- Wrote and published more than two-dozen articles for magazines and newspapers.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND MARKET RESEARCH
- Developed market analysis and received board approval for plan to launch world’s first online cash management system, which gained multi-million dollar investments from Wachovia and Bank of Montreal
- Developed business plan for food-processing plant and grocery store, resulting in $97,000 in seed capital
- Researched and prepared proposals that resulted in client receiving $100,000 in government grants
- Created marketing and business plan that resulted in $60,000 in seed capital
- Developed marketing plans, including positioning, competitive analysis, lead generation, business retention, media relations, and pricing for prospects, customers, partners, press and analysts.
- Conceived and implemented distribution plan, and negotiated agreements with distributors for a new, untested product, helping to grow company despite obsolescence of core product
- Developed, executed, and measured marketing campaigns, including prospect, suspect, customer, and partner acquisition and retention, brand management, and market research.
- Performed market, competitive and customer analysis, and recommended appropriate strategies, including pricing, budgeting, marketing, distribution, and campaigns.
MARKETING & BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
Specific position details and full resume available upon request.
Executive MBA, 2001 – 2003
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC
- Tong Prize in Entrepreneurship
- Runner-up for Scotiabank Award for Women Entrepreneurs
Bachelor of Arts (English major; Communication minor), 1991 – 1997
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC
- Studies in communication, graphic design, marketing, pricing, publishing, writing, and editing.
Train the Trainer Certificate, 2005
Langara College, Vancouver, BC
- Studies in active learning, teaching, course design and adult education.
But don’t just take my word for it – click here and scroll down for testimonials.